Utica National Insurance Group Issues New Stance on Distracted Driving Violations
July 3, 2019
In accordance with the State of Connecticut’s views, Utica will also consider violations for distracted driving (using a cell phone while driving) the same as drivers with DUI (driving under the influence) violations.
Any driver with distracted driving violations will have to be excluded from the Utica Collision Auto Insurance policy. If this driver does need to drive, a separate auto policy for that driver will be needed.
Arrive Safely to Your Next Destination
Distracted driving has become an ever-increasing problem causing policymakers and insurance companies alike to crack down on offenders. Be sure to understand the laws in your state and every state you drive through as violations and penalties may vary. Regardless of state laws, maintaining a distraction free ride will ensure you and your passengers arrive safely to your destination.
- What can you do to lessen your chances of being a distracted driver?
- Silence your phone and put up a “Do Not Disturb” automated message for those trying to reach you while you are driving
- Enter all destination information into you GPS before you depart
- Encourage your friends and family to drive phone free
- Lead by example – show your kids the importance of driving without distraction so they too become responsible drivers